Updated: 17th October 2018
This policy explains when and why we collect data personal information from our website, how we use it, how it is kept secure and explains your rights in relation to the data we retain. We will only collect and store your personal data in the ways outlined in this GDPR Compliance Statement. We occasionally revise our policies and we will do this without notice to you. The date of the last policy update will be displayed at the top of this page. We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) when dealing with your personal data. For the purposes of GDPR Compliance, WINDOWORLD LTD will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you. If you would like more information about GDPR please visit the website of the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk).
WHO WE ARE
Windoworld Ltd, Unit 11C, Botany Commercial Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5NF
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can telephone us on 01623 414 886 or send an email to our Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We collect your Name, Address, Email and contact Telephone Number(s). What we may do with this data is detailed below. If you make a claim on our warranty we may need to share your data with suppliers, insurance, finance companies, and other organisations to help us to resolve your claim and provide the best service possible. These organisations may contact your by telephone or email. Due to the size, weight and nature of our products we may send your details to a third-party courier in order for your order to be delivered by them. We will send your contact details to the courier who will then contact you by telephone. We may send you occasional marketing emails to provide information about other services offered by Windoworld Ltd. We do not share your data with other companies for the purpose of marketing and you can opt out of any marketing emails at any time. Payments made via our website are via a third party and we never retain details of your credit or debit card.
In line with GDPR, the legal basis for processing personal data is based on the legitimate business interests of Windoworld Ltd (a manufacturer, supplier, and installer of home improvement products). We make a positive effort to be be transparent and explicit about the reasons for collecting personal data. In line with both GDPR and PECR we obtain consent through marketing opt in tick boxes on every form. If you tick this box we may send occasional emails with marketing messages. We will not send you marketing materials unless you pro-actively tick the box and if you wish to stop receiving marketing emails at any time you will find a link to unsubscribe on each marketing email we send to you.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent
- We implement generally and widely accepted standards of technology, physical, and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised alteration, destruction, or deletion.
- When you transmit information to us over the internet by email or via your web browser this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure although we take all reasonable steps including the use of Secure Server Technology to be as secure as possible.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
WHO ELSE HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
We do not sell your data to any third parties and we only send your personal data to companies contracted to provide product delivery services, warranty support, or technical support for any issues arising from your use of our web site or email services. All of the companies and organisations we work with are required to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) when dealing with your personal data.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will keep your records on file for 5 years in order to ensure that we are able to fulfil our obligations to you under our warranty.
You have rights under the GDPR:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances
You also have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113